Info from the Treasurer

PTO Reimbursement Instructions

Before making any purchase, please obtain the Lincoln PTO Tax Exemption Form. This Tax Exemption Form should be presented to the vendor before you pay for any purchases or services. As a non-profit, PTO purchases are not subject to tax. The Lincoln PTO will not reimburse sales tax.


1. Please submit your receipts with the Expense Reimbursement Request Form. Make copies of receipts for your personal records. Payments cannot be made without receipts.

2. Complete the Expense Reimbursement Request Form.


3. Make a copy of the Reimbursement Request Form for your personal records.

4. Submit your reimbursement form by scanning all documents and send via one email to BOTH AND You may also submit high quality pictures of forms and receipts.

5. Upon approval payment will be made via check sent to the address indicated on your reimbursement form.

Please submit all receipts within 30 – 45 days of when the expense was incurred. The PTO Treasurer will make payments within 5-10 business days of receipt.  Any questions, please contact the Co-Treasurers at

Tax Exemption Certificate

All purchases made on behalf of the PTO are tax exempt!  Please always use the Tax Exemption Certificate when purchasing anything for the PTO.  We cannot reimburse for sales tax, as we are a not-for-profit, and do not owe sales tax to the state of IL.

W-9 Tax Form

Any vendor, not incorporated as a business, that the PTO pays more than $600 in a calendar year must have a W-9 Form on file. The PTO will provide the vendor a 1099 Form before taxes are due. The PTO cannot pay vendors unless this W-9 form is on file. The W-9 form can be found in the red file or electronically.

Examples:Jane Doe teaches music classes and is paid $2700—she needs a W-9 on file. Brown Cow is paid $1000 for ice cream—but does NOT need a W-9 because they are a business.  Bob Smith is paid $350 for field day popsicles—but does NOT need a W-9 form because the PTO paid him less than $600 for the entire year. Only one form is needed on file, not every time a vendor is paid. This does not apply to reimbursements, only services or products purchased by the PTO.

**No Cash Should be Left in the School Office or on School Property at any time.**