Who are we?
Connect4Kids is a PTO sponsored parent group committed to advancing the principles and values of social and emotional learning for student-teacher success in the Lincoln School community and beyond.
What is social emotional learning?
Social and emotional learning (“SEL”) refers to the process by which children develop the skill sets involved in self awareness, social awareness, self management, relationship management and responsible decision making. These are skills that provide the foundation for school and life success.
C4K Mission Statement
In existence since the fall of 2012, Connect4Kids is a parent group committed to advancing the principles and values of social and emotional learning (“SEL”) in collaboration with teachers for student success in the Lincoln School community within District 90. The group seeks to:
- increase parent understanding of SEL and it’s positive impact on their children’s success
- support teachers in their quest to serve the whole child through PTO funded classroom enhancements
- encourage staff to provide consistent SEL home links which reinforce what is being taught in school
- collaborate with the Police department on improving communication between home and school through their school community program
- seek opportunities to infuse activities with SEL focus during the school day that directly impact students & teachers
- provide teachers and parents with the opportunity to see top quality guest speakers to increase their understanding of topics relevant to our students and families at least once per calendar year
- investigate creative ways with teachers to offer extra curricular opportunity for movement before and after school and potentially during the school day using PTO funding
- offer SEL enrichment to parents and teachers through a guest speaker night and infuse SEL programs from an outside professional during the school day for children.