Forms for PTO Volunteers
Click on the name below to download the form.
- In order to ensure that Lincoln PTO programs run smoothly and your child has a positive experience, we are asking that all parents and children read, understand, and adhere to the Lincoln PTO Code of Conduct 2018.
- This form should be submitted to the school secretary for all upcoming events. To enable the District to plan for space utilization, staffing and insurance, forms should be submitted as soon as possible for all events in the upcoming school year. Please work with your co-chairs to submit forms for your committee’s upcoming activities or events. You may estimate attendance or other numbers/details based on past events, and then update the form as we get closer to the actual event date.
- Use this to request a check to be cut by the PTO Treasurer. Fill out the Check Request Form in the entirety:
- Use the Committee/Event List if you are unsure what your Committee or Event is called. If you do not see your Committee and/or Event, leave it blank, but attach an explanatory note to the form.
- In most cases, you are the Committee Contact Person. This should be the person that will be able to answer any questions we have about the check request. The e-mail address and phone number that you list should be the ones that we will have the best chance of reaching you.
- The “Check Information” refers to the person/company to whom the check should be made out. It should be noted that if you need us to mail the check for you, please include the address.
- The chairperson of your Committee should be notified prior to requesting a reimbursement. Ensure that the amount you are requesting is within the Budget for the Committee. If the reimbursement is greater than the budgeted amount, your payment will be delayed until PTO approval is received. This may require a PTO meeting.
- Use the Tax Exempt Letter whenever possible for making purchases on behalf of the PTO.
- Attach a copy of (a) the receipt, (b) the invoice, or (c) if neither is available, some sort of explanatory note.
- Check requests are processed once a week. They are picked up on or after the first bell (8:15 a.m.) from the treasurer’s box two days before Fun Lunch (generally, Wednesdays). Checks are returned by school dismissal (3:10 p.m.) to the treasurer’s box the day before Fun Lunch (generally, Thursdays).
*These dates are Tuesday pick-ups and Wednesday or Thursday drop-offs
- The sole purpose of the Petty Cash Box is for making change at PTO sponsored events.
- Petty Cash Box is stored in the locked PTO cabinet. Tina Ciserella has a key. Contact them as soon as you know you will need the petty cash box to reserve it on the Petty Cash Calendar.
- The Petty Cash Box contains $150. After event, please return the box to the cabinet with $150 EXACTLY.
- Deposit the all gross receipts from your event at MB Bank in accordance with the Deposit Instructions.
- Submit requests for reimbursement for all expenses in accordance with the Check Request Instructions.
POST-EVENT RECAP FORM. Use this form as soon as you finish an event so we can record how it went, and any tips you have for future committee chairs.
MB FINANCIAL DEPOSIT SLIP (must complete an original form found in the PTO folder in the Lincoln
office) and PTO DEPOSIT FORM. Fill out both the MB Financial Deposit Slip for the bank, the PTO deposit form for the PTO and return both once the deposit has been completed.
- The deposit form tells us how to account for the money received and needs to have the depositor’s contact information should there be any questions.
- All proceeds from PTO activities must be deposited. Do not pay out expenses of the activity from the receipts. Fill out a reimbursement form for any expenses incurred.
- Please check your math or have the teller total the form while you wait. The bank charges fees when a correction needs to be made.
- Checks should be endorsed either (a) with the endorsement stamp, or (b) “Lincoln PTO – for deposit only”
- Our bank is MB Financial, and the closest branch is across Lake Street from the school. If you wish, you may go in the “Commercial Lane.” If you request the teller to “deposit as cash” the teller should verify while you wait, which can avoid complications if your calculations are off. The bank charges fees when corrections are made.
- Finally, the stamped bank deposit slip and the deposit form should be placed in the “DEPOSIT” section of the PTO Treasurer’s folder in the school office.
A DISTRICT 90 TAX EXEMPT LETTER should be provided to any store or other vendor to verify the PTO’s exemption from Illinois state sales tax.
FORM W-9. Please submit this to any vendor with whom the Lincoln PTO will be spending $600 or more within a calendar year. If you have any questions about whether or not you need this form, please contact our treasurer.
If you have any questions, please contact our current Treasurer.