2/9 Lincoln Log
Monday, February 10:
- Lincoln News Broadcast – during lunch, Mr. Cheney’s classroom
- Chef Du Jour – during lunch, library
- Winter Yoga – 3:15-4:15pm, library
- Winter Sports (Grades 1/2) – 3:15-4:15pm, gym
- Chess Club – 3:15-4pm, multipurpose room
Tuesday, February 11:
- Books and Building Club (grade 1) – during lunch, library
- Volleyball – 3:10-4:15pm, gym
Wednesday, February 12:
- Wednesday Walking Club
- Waste Free Wednesday
- 3rd and 4th Grade Harriett Tubman Assembly – 12:30pm
- Game On Club – during lunch, STEM lab
- Roald Dahl Book Club – 3:15 – 4pm, library
- Winter Sports (Grades 3/4) – 3:15-4:15pm, gym
Thursday, February 13:
- Wonder Readers – 7:30am, Mrs. Mares’ classroom
- February Principal Birthday Lunch
- Coding and App Development Club – during lunch, Mrs. Mares’ classroom
- Books and Building Club (grade 2) – during lunch, library
- Recorder Club – 3:10-4:15, auditorium
Friday, February 14:
- Valentine’s Day – Classroom Friendship Parties
- Wonder Writers – 7:30am, multipurpose room
- Kindergarten Valentine’s Concert – 10:15am, auditorium, both AM and PM kindergartners attend in the morning, there is no afternoon session
- Fun Lunch – burger or grilled cheese
- Volleyball – 3:10-4:15pm, gym
Monday, February 17 – No School/Presidents’ Day
Tuesday, February 18 – No School/Teacher Institute Day
**Due to Presidents’ Day and Teacher Institute Day, the next Lincoln Log will be published on Tuesday, February 18.***
GREEN4GOOD T-SHIRTS FOR SALE – order through tomorrow, 2/10!
If you and your family would like to show your support for District 90’s commitment to “ensuring a sustainable future for and with our students,” Lincoln’s Green4Good team will be taking t-shirt orders from now through Monday, February 10! T-shirts are $12 each and will be delivered to your door, well in advance of Lincoln’s Earth Week celebration, April 20-24. Click here to order.
Lunch/Recess Volunteers Still Needed – this Wednesday 2/12
We are looking for volunteers to help at lunch and recess on February 12 from 11:30-12:30. Giving teachers this one hour off provides them a much-appreciated opportunity to do team building with other Lincoln staff. Anyone interested in volunteering can email Ginger Timchak at email@example.com. Thank you!
Tickets Now Available for the Lincoln Auction!
Please join us at Lincoln’s biggest fundraiser of the year on Friday, March 13 at 7 pm at Doc Ryan’s. Sign up here https://cbo.io/tickets/d90/tix to register. All proceeds benefit the PTO. It’s a great way to meet new parents (and teachers!), catch up with old friends, or lift your paddle for exciting one-of a kind experiences and items. There will be both a silent and live auction, drinks, appetizers, DJ, dancing and a ton of fun.
Do you have a special skill? A business to promote? A hook-up for a cool experience or tickets?
Rosie Revere Musical: Rosie Revere, Engineer will be presented on Saturday, April 4th at North Central College in Naperville. The performance is a fun new musical based on Andrea Beaty’s terrific three picture books: Rosie Revere the Engineer, Iggy Peck, Architect, and Ada Twist, Scientist.
Here is the link to NCC’s website for show information. Both the books and the theatre group come highly recommend by Mrs. Brauweiler!
Kids Heart Challenge: REGISTER NOW!
Lincoln Elementary’s KIDS HEART CHALLENGE is up and running! This service-learning program from the American Heart Association (formerly Jump Rope For Heart) teaches your student how to care for their hearts both physically and emotionally and teaches the importance of giving back by raising lifesaving donations to fight the nation’s #1 killer, heart disease!
We encourage you register with your student to take a challenge to stay healthy this year. The three challenges are:
- You can register for the Kids Heart Challenge and take the challenge using this link: http://www2.heart.org/goto/lincoln90
- During the kick-off we talked with our students about the work the AHA does and challenge students to start living a healthy lifestyle with the help of our friends, the HEART HEROES!
- Meet the new Heart Heroes and learn their heart healthy messages here: Kids Heart Challenge – Heart Hero Characters Introduction
ANY student who takes the KIDS HEART CHALLENGE online will earn a FREE wristband to wear proudly! Once your student collects a donation (optional) they will start earning their own Heart Heroes and a backpack clip for them to hang on! ALL of our Heart Heroes (and the wristband!) will COME TO LIFE and share their heart healthy messages with your student! To bring characters to life you must use the FREE mobile app: Kids Heart Challenge
Here are four easy steps to get your student’s online fundraising page set up and start collecting lifesaving donations:
- Go to your school’s fundraising page: http://www2.heart.org/goto/lincoln90
- Click on the Sign Up button
- Create a username and password and then fill out the registration form to take the challenge
- Share your personal fundraising link with friends and family right away.
AND/OR Download the FREE mobile app Kids Heart Challenge and register your student that way.
Thank you for joining us as we challenge each other to keep our heart healthy and raise money for kids with special hearts.
Mr Augustine & Mrs McDermott
A Very Important Message from your School Nurse
Please remember during cold and flu season to keep your child home if they are sick. If they have a fever they need to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication. If they are vomiting and/or have diarrhea, make sure it has been at least 24 hours since the last episode before returning to school. If your child has an excessively runny nose or cannot stop coughing, it may be a good idea to keep them home. This is to protect your child from catching something if their immune system is down, as well as to protect the other students and staff. Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone at Lincoln School healthy.
If you have any questions at all please contact our school nurse, Erin Godellas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-366-7340 x 8034.