12/1 Lincoln Log
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Don’t forget to “Save the Date” for our annual Winter Program on Friday, December 20. Here are the performance times for this years program:
Grade 1- 9:45am
Grade 2 – 10:30am
Grade 3 – 1:00pm
Grade 4 – 1:45pm
Dismissal – 2:30pm
Monday, November 25:
- Heartworks Mitten Tree begins today!
- Lincoln News Broadcast – during lunch, Mr. Cheney’s classroom
- Chef Du Jour – during lunch, library
- Lincoln Newspaper Crew – 3:15 – 4:15pm, STEM lab
- Fall Sports (grades 1/2) – 3:15-4:15, gym
Tuesday, November 26:
- PTO meeting – 8:45am, conference room
- Books and Building Club (grade 1) – during lunch, library
- Dine & Earn fundraiser at Noodles & Co!
Wednesday, November 27:
- Wednesday Walking Club
- Waste Free Wednesday
- Game On Club – during lunch, STEM lab
- Fall Sports (grades 3/4) – 3:15-4:15, gym
Thursday, November 28:
- Wonder Readers – Mrs. Mares’ classroom
- Coding Club – during lunch, Mrs. Mares’ classroom
- Books and Building Club (grade 2) – during lunch, library
- Recorder Club – 3:15-4:15, auditorium
Friday, November 29:
- Wonder Writers – multipurpose room
- Fun Lunch – burger or grilled cheese
- Hearworks meeting – STEM lab
- Volleyball Club – 3:15-4:15, gym
Pre-Order Your Child’s Copy of the latest Dog Man book!
Order on the PTO webstore, all proceeds benefit the Lincoln Library! Copies will be delivered to Lincoln School on the release date.
Contact Anne Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Heartworks Mitten Tree – 12/2 – 12/13!
Starting tomorrow, Lincoln families can donate NEW mittens, gloves, hats, and scarves for children ages 4-13, all of which will be donated to the Hephzibah Children’s Association in Oak Park.
Students can hang their donations on the Mitten Tree in the Park Avenue lobby between December 2nd and December 13th.
Thank you for contributing to this organization!
Lincoln Science Expo – register now!
Calling inquisitive minds and budding scientists! The Lincoln Junior Scientist Expo will be on Thursday, January 30. Student-created displays will be available for viewing by students and staff during the school day, and for family and friends that evening from 6:30-7:30pm. Registration on the PTO Web Store opens tonight, Sunday 12/1, and closes on Friday, 12/20 – the Expo is open to all Lincoln K-4th graders. We are also still seeking parent volunteers – please sign up on the PTO Volunteer Site.
Lincoln School’s Girls on the Run – registration now open!
Girls on the Run inspires girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind. Trained coaches lead small teams through our research-based curricula which includes dynamic discussions, activities and running games. Over the course of the ten-week program, girls in 3rd and 4th grade develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness. The program culminates with girls positively impacting their communities through a service project and being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K event.
GOTR will begin in March and meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school in the gym from 3:10-4:30. The program will run until the celebratory 5k race!
If interested, please visit the website: www.gotrchicago.org and register by February 14. Any questions, please contact Julie Fleisch (email@example.com)
PTO Meeting this Tuesday
Noodles & Company – Dine & Earn Fundraiser THIS TUESDAY 12/3
Take care of dinner and help raise money for Lincoln!
When: Tuesday, December 3 from 4-8pm
Where: Noodles & Company – 7215 Lake St., River Forest
Why: 25% of sales will go back to the Lincoln PTO
Here is a link to the flyer to show at the register: New Fundraiser Single