11/10 Lincoln Log
I hope you enjoyed the extended weekend with your family! I know I enjoyed the weekend in St. Louis relaxing and visiting family after the long conference week.
Many thanks to everyone who took the time to attend our Fall Conferences last week. As always, we had a great turn out and are so appreciative of all the support you show our school.
Thanks to Mrs. Brauweiler and the army of Book Fair volunteers led by Anne Powers, Sarah Donoho and Julie Fleisch for making this year’s event such a success.
Tomorrow, we are excited to welcome veterans and their families to our annual Veterans Day assembly. If you have some free time at 9:00am tomorrow, please feel free to swing by Lincoln. You are sure to be moved by the tribute our kids have planned for tomorrow’s assembly.
As always, thanks for your continued support of Lincoln. Please never hesitate to reach out if there is anything more Ms. Gerges and I can do to support your kids or family.
Have a great week. CG
Quote of the Week: “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” Mary Dunbar
Waste Free Wednesday (11/6/2019) – Ms. McCole
Monday, November 11:
- Veterans Day Assembly – 9am, gym
- Lincoln News Broadcast – during lunch, Mr. Cheney’s classroom
- Chef Du Jour – during lunch, library
- Lincoln Newspaper Crew – 3:15 – 4:15pm, STEM lab
- Fall Sports Camp (grades 1/2) – 3:15 – 4:15, gym/playground
Tuesday, November 12:
- Books & Building Club (grade 1) – during lunch, library
- Fall Tennis (grades 1/2) – 3:15 – 4:15pm, playground
- Hambingo – 7pm, Hamburger Mary’s
- Connect4Kids Parent Enrichment Night – 7-8:30pm, Roosevelt auditorium
Wednesday, November 13:
- Picture Retake Day
- Wednesday Walking Club
- Waste Free Wednesday
- Game On Club – during lunch, STEM lab
- Fall Sports Camp (grades 3/4) – 3:15 – 4:15, gym/playground
- D90 Inclusivity Advisory Board Meeting – 7:00pm, Roosevelt
Thursday, November 14:
- Wonder Readers – 7:30-8:15am, Mrs. Mares’ classroom
- November Principal Birthday Lunch
- Coding Club – during lunch, Mrs. Mares’ classroom
- Books & Building Club (grade 2) – during lunch, library
- Fall Tennis (grades 3/4) – 3:15 – 4:15pm, gym
- Recorder Club – 3:15-4:15, auditorium
Friday, November 15:
- Wonder Writers – 7:30-8:15am, multipurpose room
- Lincoln Spirit Day
- FUN LUNCH: Pasta/Mac and Cheese
- Volleyball Club – 3:15-4:15, gym
Hambingo this Tuesday, 11/12!
A night out in Oak Park FUNdraiser! Grab your partner or round up your friends & join us this Tuesday, November 12th at 8pm (to approx 10pm) for a fun filled evening of bingo at Hamburger Mary’s with ALL game proceeds benefiting the Lincoln Elementary PTO.
This is a really fun night out if you’ve never done it and a great fundraiser for the school! Fabulous prizes, full menu, open (cash) bar and lots of Bingo!! See the attached flyer for more information.
NEW THIS YEAR!! A chance to win these exclusive “experiences” for your favorite kid(s):
- Free Recess with Mr. Godfrey and GaGa Ball for the entire class
- Morning Announcements with the student and a friend
- Lunch with three friends and Mr. Godfrey
- Lunch with three friends and Ms. Gerges
Geppetto’s discount cards available now!
Geppetto’s Discount Cards are now available through Nov. 18th on the Lincoln webstore! These cards pay for themselves and encourage “shopping local” during the busy holiday season. Your $10 card purchase goes directly to the Lincoln PTO and you get 20% off at Geppetto’s Toy Box between November 26 and December 2nd (the card can be used multiple times within that week). Cards can be purchased online in the Lincoln webstore and will be mailed to you via USPS.
Fall Sports Camp – spots open!!! Register now!
A few spots remain open – register now on the Webstore! There are still 5 weeks of camp to go. Fall Sports Camp run by Legacy Sports: kids play games like Battleship, Dodge Ball and Keep Up the Yard, while learning sportsmanship, respect and teamwork. Cost: $80.
Grades 1&2: Mondays after school, 3:15-4:15pm – 10/28, 11/11, 11/18, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16
Grades 3&4: Wednesdays after school, 3:15-4:15pm 10/30, 11/13, 11/20, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18
The program will take place in the gym or on the Franklin playground, weather permitting.
Wednesday Walking Club update!
We are almost to our first stop of Indianapolis at 196 miles. We are working on getting enough walkers to collectively walk to Florida by Spring Break.
How far can we get before Winter Break?? Let’s find out together.
Join us each week on the Franklin side playground. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Another huge thank you to all of the volunteers that staffed the book fair. It’s a busy week but the fair could not happen without you. I am personally grateful for everyone who has given their time to set up / sell / tear down the book fair. Special thanks to Anne Powers, Sarah Donoho and Julie Fleisch for leading another great fair. Thank you!!
Connect4Kids Parent Enrichment Night at Roosevelt – 11/12
Interested in learning the signs and tools needed to help prevent suicide? Please join us as Amanda Stephans, LSW leads a community-based presentation that covers the general scope of suicide, the research on prevention, and what people can do to prevent it.
Roosevelt Middle School Auditorium, 11/12/19, 7-8:30pm
See attached for more information.
Girls on the Run – leaders needed!
Whether you are a runner or just love working to inspire young girls, please consider becoming a Girls on the Run leader next spring. Practice is twice a week, leadership can be shared, and the culmination in an inspiring 5K run is well worth it! For more information, please contact Julie Fleisch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
One Earth Film Festival
Please see attached for more information about One Earth Film Festival’s filmmaking workshop for grades 3 to 5, to be held at the Depot in River Forest in December.